We’re in Kirkbean, in the South-West of Scotland, post-code DG2 8DW.
If you come by car from the north (Dumfries), the track to “The Barn” is on the right-hand side of the main road (A710). You will see this sign:
If you arrive by bus, the track to the house is on the other side of the main road.
If you’re coming by public transport, the closest town is Dumfries.
Once there, we’re 12 miles to the South. That’s 25 minutes by bus [number 372] or, if required, we can pick you up at the train or bus stations.
For reference, here are some places you might come from:
- Glasgow: By car, Glasgow-Kirkbean is 90 miles (1 h 45 min). Train to Dumfries is approx 1 h 45 min. Bus (X74) is 1 h 43 min.
- Edinburgh: By car, Edinburgh-Kirkbean is 90 miles (2 h 15 min). Train to Dumfries is approx 3 hours.
- Carlisle: By car, Carlisle-Kirkbean is 45 miles (1 h 10 min). Train to Dumfries is approx 35 min. Bus to Dumfries is approx 45 min.
- Newcastle upon Tyne: By car, Newcastle-Kirkbean is 100 miles (2 h 10 min). Train to Dumfries takes between 2 h and 2 h 45 min.
- London: By car, London-Kirkbean is 350 miles (6 hours). Train to Dumfries takes between 4 h 30 min and 5 h 30 min.
- Belfast: Ferry from Belfast to Stranraer, 5 sailings daily, is 2h 15 min. Car from Stranraer to Kirkbean is 1h 45 min. Total time, 4 hours.